Hilton United Methodist Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Hilton United Methodist Church
- Location: At church in Hilton on road to Coheelee Park
HILTON UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
The Hilton Methodist Episcopal Church, South was organized in 1850. The first church was erected one mile southwest of Hilton on the Lower River Road. This structure was sold after the Civil war and services were then conducted in an arbor. E. Hilton deeded land to the Church trustees for the present church site on November 1, 1889. The pegged-frame building for the Hilton United Methodist Church was built in 1890 and the social hall was added in 1973.
ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION AND THE HITLON UNITED METHODIST CHURCH 1994