Confederate Flag Pole
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Confederate Flag Pole
- Location: Early County Courthouse in Blakely
CONFEDERATE FLAG POLE
This flag pole [no longer standing] from which the Stars and Bars proudly flew is the last original Confederate flag staff still standing in Georgia.
The stalwart pole was hewn from a long leaf pine tree that grew one mile southwest of this city in Early county. It was hauled by a yoke of oxen into Blakely and erected where it now stands by Thomas Williams and others on
MAY 16TH, 1861.
049-3 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1954