Centerville United Methodist Church (Side 1)
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Centerville United Methodist Church (Side 1)
- Location: 8 miles south of Blakely on Three Notch Rd. at Damascus-Hilton Rd
CENTERVILLE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
The Centerville Methodist Church was organized in 1891, and the people of the community erected the first church building eight miles south of Blakely on Three Notch Road. It was a pine log structure with posts in the middle section for support and two single doors for entering the church. The original floor joists and ceiling trusses, which were made of whole pine logs, are still in place. A wood stove was placed in the middle of the room to warm the congregation. The church was dedicated on August 7, 1898, with Rev. C.C. Lowe serving as its first pastor. In 1976, the social hall was added and synthetic siding installed.
ERECTED BY THE THE CENTERVILLE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH AND THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION 1996