Old Eastman School
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Old Eastman School
- Location: At school in Eastman on US 23/341
OLD EASTMAN SCHOOL
Eastman’s first public school, serving both elementary and high school students, opened on this site in 1898. A second building was added in 1904. In 1946, financed through individual and community contributions, the school was remodeled.
In 1957, the school at this site became known as Eastman Elementary School. The original buildings were destroyed by fire in 1970. Those parts of the school were replaced and in the following years, additional buildings were added.
With consolidation of Dodge County’s elementary schools in 1990, this school facility had completed 92 years of service to education in Dodge County.
Those of us who came this way salute her.
Eastman School was dedicated to those holding the torch of learning and now we pass it on to others.
Presented by the Eastman Elementary School PTO, June 1, 1990