Choose another Topic

Dodge County Historical Markers

The Eastman-Bishop-Bullock House


  • Source: David Seibert
  • Marker: The Eastman-Bishop-Bullock House
  • Location: 407 Eastman Way, Eastman

The Eastman-Bishop-Bullock House

This house, constructed in 1872, is the oldest house in Eastman. In 1868, William Pitt Eastman founded the 400,000-acre Georgia Land and Lumber Company. Upon learning in 1870 that Station No. 13 along the Macon and Brunswick Railroad had been named in his honor, Eastman created the town of Eastman and was instrumental in the formation of Dodge County. He established the Eastman Hotel Company and Woodlawn Cemetery and served as mayor in 1885. His daughter sold the house to Judge James Bishop, Sr. in 1896. James Bishop and Cary Bullock inherited it in 1926.

1999.4 Erected by The Georgia Historical Society and Dodge Historical Society 45-1