The Rainey Plantation
- Source: David Seibery
- Marker: The Rainey Plantation
- Location: Shallowford Road at Carroll Avenue
THE RAINEY PLANTATION
July 18, 1864. The marching columns of the Army of the Tenn. [USA], having diverged 5.5 mi. N. W., rejoined here when Dodge’s 16th A.C. moved E. from Old Cross Keys to Rainey’s. Blair’s 17th A.C. moved 1.75 mi. S. on old Shallow Ford rd. & camped at Blake’s Mill, N. Fork Peachtree Cr.; Dodge’s 16th 1 mi. S. (at Candler Rd.) with headquarters at the Rainey house.
Logan’s 15th A.C. moved S. E. from here to Browning’s Court House (TUCKER) to support General Garrard’s cav. in a foray on the Georgia R.R. at Stone Mtn. Logan’s route was approximately the present-day Chamblee-Tucker Rd. via Antioch and Pleasant Hill churches.
044-8 Georgia Historical Commission 1954