Logan’s Corps Moves to Henderson’s Mill
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Logan’s Corps Moves to Henderson’s Mill
- Location: LaVista Rd at Midville Rd, west of Tucker
LOGAN’S CORPS MOVES TO HENDERSON’S MILL
July 18, 1864. Logan’s troops, having detoured from Shallow Fd. Rd. to Browning’s Court House (TUCKER), to co-operate with Garrard’s cav. in the destruction of the Georgia R.R. at Stone Mtn., remained in this vicinity while Lightburn’s brigade was sent to support Garrard.
When Lightburn returned, Logan withdrew the corps 1.5 mi. W. to Henderson’s Mill where it camped that night.
This withdraw served two purposes: to make a more compact front for the Army of the Tennessee & to get an adequate supply of water not available at Browning’s.
044-17 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1954