Logan’s 15th Corps & Garrard’s Cavalry
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Logan’s 15th Corps & Garrard’s Cavalry
- Location: Chamblee-Tucker Rd just west of Pleasantdale Road
LOGAN’S 15TH CORPS & GARRARD’S CAVALRY
July 18, 1864. Logan’s 15th A. C., Army of the Tennessee [US], having detoured from the old Shallow Ford Rd. at the Rainey plantation (4 mi. W.) moved to this point where it joined Garrard’s cav. which, via McAfee’s bridge (Chattahoochee River) & Buchanan’s house (Hightower Trail at Buford Highway), was enroute S. to Browning’s Court House (TUCKER).
Logan’s corps, in support of Garrard, moved 2 mi. S. to Browning’s where it marked time the rest of the day while Lightburn’s brigade was sent with the cavalry to destroy the Georgia R.R. at and near Stone Mountain.
GHM 044-9 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1954