Dodge’s & Blair’s Columns Separate
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Dodge’s & Blair’s Columns Separate
- Location: Briarcliff Rd at Shallowford Rd
DODGE’S & BLAIR’S COLUMNS SEPARATE
July 19, 1864. Blair’s 17th A.C. followed by Dodge’s 16th [US], having camped near Blake’s Mill .6 mi. N. on Old Shallow Ford Rd. the night before, moved S. to this point where their lines of march diverged.
Dodge’s troops continued S. on rds. now designated Briarcliff, Oak Grove, LaVista & Clairmont to Decatur, arriving there at evening. Blair’s corps under orders to follow Logan’s 15th A.C. to Decatur, turned E. along Briarcliff to Henderson’s Mill Rd. where it joined Logan’s column at the present Midway Church. The 15th had camped at Henderson’s Mill.
044-19 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1954