Union Normal School
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Union Normal School
- Location: On the grounds of Hutto Middle School MLK Jr Blvd. Bainbridge
UNION NORMAL SCHOOL
In 1927, Professor H.S. Dixon, Mrs. Marie H. Dixon and Mrs. Aurie Bell Flowers assumed duties at what was now Union Normal High School. After school closure on 31 May 1952, the Decatur County Board of Education bought the property on 13 November 1954 for $8,000. Mr. Dixon was paid with a 100x300 ft. lot on the east. In January 1955, the proceeds were divided equally among Association member churches and a Scholarship Aid Program was established a few months later. With forty years of success, it was reorganized and chartered as First Flint River Missionary Baptist Association Scholarship Foundation, Inc. in 1990.
Erected by the Historic Chattahoochee Commission and Decatur County Historical Society 2008