First Presbyterian Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: First Presbyterian Church
- Location: Located at corner of West and Troupe Streets, Bainbridge
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
The First Presbyterian Church once stood here. It was a handsome building with a lofty ceiling vestibule and three sided gallery. The lot was one-half acre in size, cost $110 and was bounded by Troup, West and Crawford Streets. The congregation was large ans also wealthy. During 1861-1865 daily prayers were offered and the pastor, Col. James F. Dunlop, organized a company that fought valiantly in the Confederate Army. The Church was burned to the ground on Sunday morning Sept. 20, 1874 with the bell tolling the funeral knell.