- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Camp Recovery
- Location: Located at the intersection Shotwell and South Broad Streets, Bainbridge
On the east side of Flint River, twenty-one miles southwest is the site of Camp Recovery, established during the First Seminole Indian War as a hospital base to which the sick soldiers from Fort Scott were sent to recover. A Federal Monument on the site marks the burial place of U.S. officers and soldiers who died during the hostilities in the Flint and Chattahoochee River Counties 1817-1821.
[U.S. Works Progress Administration Marker]