Reed Bingham State Park Bridge
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Reed Bingham State Park Bridge
- Location: Located on the bridge over Little River at the south edge of the park
REED BINGHAM STATE PARK BRIDGE
This bridge, which connects the Cook County side of Reed Bingham State Park with the Colquitt County side, was completed in 1974 and was dedicated on July 13, 1974 by Governor Jimmy Carter.
Serving as an outstanding state park facility for South Georgia since 1958, this park located on Little River was separated by the river and needed a bridge to connect the two heavily used areas of the park and facilitate public usage.
Many improvements to Reed Bingham State Park were made possible through the interest of then Governor Jimmy Carter who worked closely with the Georgia Department of Transportation and local officials to complete this important link between the two sides of the park.
In February 1977, the Georgia House and Senate passed resolutions which directed that this marker be erected to commemorate the dedication of this bridge by Governor Carter as well as to acknowledge the outstanding contributions of Governor Carter to the State of Georgia.
037-5 DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES 1977