Shiloh Methodist Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Shiloh Methodist Church
- Location: Ga 150 about 1 mile west of Winfield at Cobbham
SHILOH METHODIST CHURCH
Shiloh Methodist Church, the outgrowth of the earliest known Methodist place of worship in this community, has had a church building on this site for over 125 years. Originally, services started by a local hermit “who lived by a spring,” were held in a “brush arbor” about a mile west of here. A short time later a church was built on this site. In Sept. 1825, after the church was completed, two plots of land were deeded to the four commissioners of the Methodist meetinghouse. One, including the hermit’s spring, was from Waters Briscoe, the other, including the site of Shiloh Church, was from Green Dozier. The present church building was erected in 1859.
036-3 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1956