Bethany Baptist Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Bethany Baptist Church
- Location: Ga 122 3.4 miles east of Ga. 168 intersection, left on Arabia Church Rd. (sand road), left fork for approx. 1/2 mile
BETHANY BAPTIST CHURCH
Bethany Primitive Baptist Church was initiated as an arm of Union Church in 1841, and was formally constituted in May, 1847.
In the cemetery adjoining the church, on the high bluff of Arabia Bay, are buried many of the pioneers of this section, among them, William Smith, a Revolutionary soldier.
032-4 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1958