The Warren House
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: The Warren House
- Location: Ga. 54 at Mimosa Dr., Jonesboro
THE WARREN HOUSE
During the War Between the States, on this property to the north and west of this house was fought a major part of the Battle of Jonesboro, August 31st and September 1st,1864. The battle was a struggle to capture the railroad to cut off supplies to Atlanta from the south. This house, used as headquarters and a hospital during the battle by the 52nd Illinois Regiment, was built by G.L. Warren in 1840. For many years, a bullet lodged in the wall and cannonballs in the yard were evidence of the proximity of heavy fighting.
031-3 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1955