New Lowell United Methodist Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: New Lowell United Methodist Church
- Location: Located at the church, CR 129 2.6 mi. W of Ga. 39, 12 miles N of Ft. Gaines
NEW LOWELL UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Methodist Episcopal Church worship services were conducted in this area during the early 1840’s in a brush arbor. The original church, known as Lowell, was destroyed by fire during the War Between the States. From 1865 to 1890 the Methodists and Baptists worshiped together at Union Church at Midway and later at Salem Church. The present church was built in 1900 from virgin pine and the interior still contains the original pews, pulpit and altar rail. On January 9, 1901 the church was deeded as a place of worship by W. T Credille. The trustees were E. A. Standley, E. D. Griffin and J. A. Wash. The church became a charge of the Fort Gaines Circuit July 22, 1903.
ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION AND THE
NEW LOWELL UNITED METHODIST CHURCH 1980