Hodgson-Dodd Park (Side 1)
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Hodgson-Dodd Park (Side 1)
- Location: Located at the corner of Springdale and Cloverhurst Streets, Athens
In their Springdale houses they shared the joys of music and the visual arts with friends, family, students and faculty.
590 SPRINGDALE was built in 1941 by Mathis Construction Company for artist LAMAR DODD and his wife, MARY. Here Dodd painted while he created at the University of Georgia “the finest art department in the South.” Considered the premier artist born in Georgia in the 20th century, Dodd sought the essential truth in nature and in mankind’s relationship to our world. His paintings hang in New York’s Whitney and Metropolitan and Atlanta’s High museums, in the Georgia Museum of Art which he helped to found, in the Lamar Dodd Art Center in his home town of LaGrange, Georgia, and in public and private collections worldwide. With neighbor Hugh Hodgson he shared the goal of making the fine arts a part of every Georgian’s life.
SEE OTHER SIDE