- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Chattahoochee County
- Location: Chattahoochee County Courthouse, Cusseta, Ga.
Chattahoochee County, created by Act of February 13, 1854, was cut off from Muscogee and Marion Counties. It was named for the Chattahoochee River. Its courthouse, constructed in 1854, was built of select heart lumber from the Long Leaf Pine by slave labor. First county officers, commissioned March 11, 1854, were William W. Bussey, Sheriff; N.N. Howard, Clerk Superior Court; Ezekiel Walters, Clerk Inferior Court; Abner Smith, Ordinary; William H. Askew, Tax Receiver; Stephen Parker, Tax Collector; Littleton Morgan, Surveyor; William S. Howard, Coroner
026-4 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1957