First Masonic Lodge in Charlton County
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: First Masonic Lodge in Charlton County
- Location: Ga 23 about 3 mi SW of Folkston at road to Traders Hill
FIRST MASONIC LODGE IN CHARLTON COUNTY
Trader’s Hill Masonic Lodge was established by dispensation March 1, 1854, one month after Charlton County was created. The first return to the Grand Lodge was made in 1855, and showed: the Rev. F.M. Smith, W.M.; R.A. Baker, S.W.; P.W.W. Mattox, J.W.; James B. Baker, James S. Strickland, R.J. McCook and J.J. Moore.
The Lodge increased in membership, and was removed to old Centerville abouut 1870; later it was moved to Folkston, where it is now Folkston Lodge No. 196, F. & A. M.
024-3 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1958