Center Village or Centerville
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Center Village or Centerville
- Location: U.S. 23/301 at junction with Ga. 252 in Folkston
Two miles Northeast of here is the site of old Center Village, or Centerville, settled about 1800 and for many years an important trading center. to this village came the inhabitants of Ware, Pierce, Clinch, Coffee and Appling counties, bringing staple cotton, beeswax, honey, jerked venison, hides, furs, etc., to exchange for flour, sugar, coffee, shot, powder and other commodities they did not produce. Here, too, disputes were settled and sports enjoyed.
A regular stop for stage coaches traveling the Kings Road, old Center Village went out of existence after the coming of the railroad.
024-8 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1958