Whatley Memorial Historic Park
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Whatley Memorial Historic Park
- Location: On College View Street at Ellenwood Drive, Bowdon
WHATLEY MEMORIAL HISTORIC PARK
This park is the last piece of unused land of the original campus of Bowdon College (1856-1936). It was also the backyard of the McDaniel-Whatley home, the last remaining building of that institution. Mr. Vachel D. Whatley Sr. graduated from Bowdon College in 1893 and served as school president 1897-1900 and again 1907-1912. The Whatley family donated this park to the city of Bowdon on August 2, 2003.