- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Pulaski, Georgia
- Location: Intersection of main and Railway Streets, Pulaski, Georgia
Named after Polish Count Casmir Pulaski, the town of Pulaski was established in western Bulloch County in 1900. It was a railroad town and in 1901 was included in the passenger train service from Savannah to Dublin.
H. Lehman Franklin and George O. Franklin purchased land from local farmers J. H. Warren and J. W. Williams and built a hotel and several store fronts. The community supported warehouses, general mercantile, a cotton gin, drug store, shoe store, barber shop and a turpentine factory. In 1924, the largest employer was the turpentine distillery. Barrels of its product were sent to Savannah by rail. Dr. J. Z. Patrick was the community physician until his death in 1953.
(Continued on other side)
Supported by the Jack N. and Addie D. Averitt Foundation