First Presbyterian Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: First Presbyterian Church
- Location: Osborne and Conyers Streets, St. Marys
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Built by public subscription in 1808 as a place of divine worship for inhabitants of St. Marys and its vicinity. Reverend Horace Southworth Pratt was ordained and installed as the first pastor by the Presbytery of Georgia in June, 1822.
Incorprated under the name of the Independent Presbyterian Church of St. Marys Dec. 20, 1828. On Dec. 5, 1832, the Independent Church was incorporated as the First Presbyterian Church of St. Marys in the Georgia Presbytery.
GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION