Old Quaker Road
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Old Quaker Road
- Location: Ga. 24 just north of Screven County line, Burke County
OLD QUAKER ROAD
This highway has been following closely the course of the Old Quaker Road, one of Georgia’s earliest vehicular thoroughfares. It was opened about 1769 to link Savannah, the colonial capital, with a Quaker settlement centering around Wrightsboro in today’s upper McDuffie County.
The Quaker Road was one of the longest and most imnportant routes of the Province of Georgia. At this point the original way bore left for a stretch. It rejoins this road some miles to the north.
017-1 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1954