Upper Black Creek Primitive Baptist Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Upper Black Creek Primitive Baptist Church
- Location: Mud Road SW of Black Creek Church Rd
UPPER BLACK CREEK PRIMITIVE BAPTIST CHURCH
Upper Black Creek Primitive Baptist Church was Constituted on August 15, 1802 in the home of John Albritton. The organizing presbytery consisted of Henry Cook, Isham Peacock, John Goldwire and Henry Holcombe. With a membership upward of 40 members. Isham Peacock was the first pastor from 1802-1820. Mathew Albritton, (John’s son), from 1820- 1824. Henry Melton from 1825-1841. William Groover from 1841-1843. F.S. Sills was the pastor from 1931-1948. The present pastor is the Elder Keith Hamilton. The original log Church stood across the road from this site.
Dedicated by Hazel Albritton Phillips Aug 28, 2005