- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Ways Station
- Location: The stage/performance area in Station XChange, a shopping center on Henry Ford Avenue (Georgia Route 144) Richmond Hill
In 1856, the Savannah, Albany & Gulf R.R. was built across the nearby Ogeechee River into Bryan County. Near this site a train depot was built, which came to be known as “Ways No. 1 1/2” for William J. Way, the first station master and a local rice planter on lands through which the railroad passed. A settlement grew up in the section between the railroad tracks and the Crossroads just to the west. It came to be called Ways Station, a designation that lasted until 1941 when the name of the community was changed to Richmond Hill.