Machinery from the C.S.S. Nashville
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Machinery from the C.S.S. Nashville
- Location: Fort McAllister
MACHINERY FROM THE C.S.S. NASHVILLE
These portions of rotating machinery were removed, 1960, from the wreck of the Confederate blockade runner NASHVILLE, sunk in the Ogeechee River by shell fire from the U.S.S. MONTAUK in Feb., 1863. These relics give some conception of the power of the NASHVILLE’s engine.
GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1964