- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Columbiad
- Location: Fort McAllister
This replica of a coast defence cannon known as the columbiad was manufactured, 1964, by Savannah Machine and Foundry Company as a public service. A similar cannon was positioned here during Union naval attacks, 1863. The columbiad fired 87-lb. shells; its range was 2,500 yds.
GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1964