Longstreet Methodist Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Longstreet Methodist Church
- Location: Longstreet Church Rd 2 mi from US 23 jct 6 mi N of Cochran
LONGSTREET METHODIST CHURCH
Longstreet Methodist Church was organized around 1812 and the original building is still in use. Land for the church was given by Charles Walker, one of the five sons of George Walker, Revolutionary soldier and early settler. The sons built on a three and a half mile stretch of the “Federal Stage and Post Road” that became known as “Longstreet.” Two acres of land were given by Mr. Walker, one for a church and one for a school. The school was abandoned and its land reverted to the church. There is an old cemetery in the rear of the church.
012-2 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1956