Site of Sam Jones’ Tabernacle
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Site of Sam Jones’ Tabernacle
- Location: West Main Street at School Avenue, Cartersville
SITE OF SAM JONES’ TABERNACLE
For 20 years, thousands came annually to this site, attracted by the magnetic personality and forceful eloquence of Sam Jones, renowned Evangelist and Christian crusader.
Here he built, in 1886, at his own expense, a large open-air structure, called “The Tabernacle,” for the inter-faith meetings begun in 1884.
Until his death in 1906, he held services here each September, bringing to his hometown the co-workers who assisted him in the great revivals he held throughout the country.
008-12B GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1953