Old Macedonia Church Organized 1847
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Old Macedonia Church Organized 1847
- Location: Euharlee and Macedonia Roads, west of Euharlee
OLD MACEDONIA CHURCH ORGANIZED 1847
In 1864, a road southward from Wooley’s Bridge (Etowah River) crossed the road near this point and ran to Van Wert (Rockmart) and Dallas.
This was the route of McPherson’s Army of the Tennessee (15th and 16th Corps), right wing of forces under Sherman moving from Kingston to the Dallas front, May 23,24.
The church stood at the N.W. angle of the crossroads until another edifice was erected the site of the present structure 3/4 mile eastward.
008-12A GEORGIA HISTORIC MARKER 1984