Rockwell Universalist Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Rockwell Universalist Church
- Location: Located partially in trees on Ga 53 at Rockwell Church Rd 2.8 miles from Ga. 53-Ga. 11 junction north of Winder
ROCKWELL UNIVERSALIST CHURCH
Organized 1839 – second oldest Universalist Church in Georgia. Located here near original site of Rockwell School, oldest school in this section, and Rockwell Masonic Lodge. Confederate Soldiers enlisted and drilled here 1861-1865.
Church reorganized in 1867 by Dr. L. F. W. Andrews as first Universalist Church of then Jackson County, and called Mulberry Church. Voting precinct and Justice Court, known as House’s District, were located here until 1900. Present building erected 1881, and name changed to Rockwell Church. Paul Hill deeded the land to the church
ERECTED BY ROCKWELL CHURCH, AUGUST 1978