Bethabra Baptist Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Bethabra Baptist Church
- Location: Old Thompson Mill Rd. near intersection with Ga 211 at the Mulberry River, west of Winder
BETHABRA BAPTIST CHURCH
Clayborn Dalton built an arbor for publish Worship across Mulberry River in Jackson County in the early 1800’s. It was called “Dalton’s Stand”. In 1813 the church was moved on this side of Mulberry River near the Maynard Cemetery. Rev. Anslem Anthony was the first Pastor serving from 1813 to 1855. He donated 2 1/2 acres of land for the present church with buildings and improvements April 15, 1857. Another building was built about 1880, and stood until the present building was built in 1962.
ERECTED MAY 1977 BY BETHABRA BAPTIST CHURCH