Nails Creek Baptist Church
- Source: Byron Hooks
- Marker: Nails Creek Baptist Church
- Location: Ga 51 immediately west of junction with Ga 63
NAILS CREEK BAPTIST CHURCH
Nails Creek Baptist Church, the first Baptist Church in Banks County, was established February 11, 1787. It was the Mother Church of Middle River, Grove Level and Indian Creek. Many descendants of its charter members are active in the work of the church. The first building burned in 1864 and was rebuilt in 1868. In 1881 a larger church was erected and that was replaced by the present brick structure in 1908. From 1836 to 1922 28 ministers filled the pulpit. Membership in 1922 was 457.
GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION