Mt. Pleasant Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Mt. Pleasant Church
- Location: Ga 51 west of Damascus Rd (old Ga 184) east of Homer
MT. PLEASANT CHURCH
In 1780 a group of people, Garrisons and Wilmonts, met on top of the hill behind the church, built a platform between two trees, and held a religious meeting. This small gathering, and the statement that it was pleasant to worship on the mountain, led to the building of the first Mt. Pleasant Church, a log structure. The present one, built in 1883, is on land given by John Wilmont. A large wooden arbor with small cabins around, used until 1885, was erected on the church grounds for annual camp meetings. Many outstanding people have gone out from this church - teachers, doctors, preachers, merchants, bankers, nurses.
006-7 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1956