Line Baptist Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Line Baptist Church
- Location: US 441 1/4 mile S of Mile Marker 15 south of Hollingsworth
LINE BAPTIST CHURCH
The Line Baptist Church was constituted Sept. 13, 1802, by Rev. Moses Sanders, Thomas Maxwell and Daniel White.
This church was just over the line between Georgia and Cherokee lands. Meetings couldn’t be held at night, because all white people had to be off Indian lands by sundown.
Thirteen churches met here and formed the Tugalo Baptist Association in 1818. This association met here in 1822 and 1842. The Liberty Baptist Association was formed here in 1867.
This building, about 70 years old, is the second one on this site. It has stood in Franklin, Habersham and Banks counties.
006-3 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1953