Leatherwood Baptist Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Leatherwood Baptist Church
- Location: Ga 105 4 miles east of US 441 south of Baldwin
LEATHERWOOD BAPTIST CHURCH
Leatherwood Baptist Church was established in 1801 at Eastanollee in Franklin County. Many members moved near here, organized this church and named it Leatherwood. Members remaining in Eastanollee reorganized and named their church Eastanollee. Land for the first church here was given by Hudson Moss. His granddaughter, wife of Thomas Scales Wells, pastor for many years, gave the land for the present church building. Many landowners and their slaves were members of the church. Near here is the site of the Battle of the Narrows and the old Muster Ground.
006-6 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1954