City of Sylvania
|Incorporated||December 24, 1847|
|Address||104 S. Main Street |
Sylvania, Georgia 30467
Sylvania, “The Welcome Station City”, was established as the county seat of Screven County on December 24, 1847. Sylvania is Latin for “Place in the Woods” and was symbolic of the beautiful surroundings of the city.
Tourists travel from all over the nation to visit the Brier Creek Battle Site, a famous battle site during the Revolutionary War.