City of Locust Grove
|Address||P.O. Box 900
Locust Grove, Georgia 30248
The City of Locust Grove derived its name from a beautiful grove of locust trees that could be seen throughout the town. This tranquil Henry County community is a place for combining tradition with change. Locust Grove was a major rail distribution center for cotton, peaches, and other farm products. The city had three cotton gins and several warehouses. In 1870, the first store was built on Main Street.
Locust Grove has recently experienced a growth in population and in businesses coming into the area. In 1900 the population of the city was 254. According to the latest census figures the city population has grown to 2366. The Tanger Outlet Mall opened for business in the fall of 1994. Since that time many new businesses have made Locust Grove their home.