City of Swainsboro
|Incorporated||February 18, 1854|
|Address||212 N. Main Street
Swainsboro, Georgia 30401
Swainsboro, the county seat of Emanuel County, was incorporated on February 18, 1854. The county courthouse has been destroyed by fire five times-in 1841, 1855, 1857, 1919, and 1938.
Swainsboro was named for Colonel Stephen Swain, a member of the state legislature. Its name was changed to Paris for a brief period, and then back to Swainsboro.