City of Tarrytown
|Incorporated||January 1, 1970|
|Address||P.O. Box 905
Tarrytown, Georgia 30470
Incorporated into Montgomery County in 1912, Tarrytown set its limits in a square a half mile in all directions from a central warehouse. The legislature granted the town the right to elect a mayor and five councilmen, and Tarrytown kept that right with its second charter in 1929. Its town limits were changed then, however, to a circle extending for half a mile around the railroad depot that existed at the time.