City of Stockbridge
|Incorporated||August 6, 1920|
|Address||4545 North Henry Blvd.
Stockbridge, Georgia 30281
Stockbridge is located in the northern part of the county, between Interstates 675 and 75 and along the Norfolk-Southern railroad. The community was founded in 1829 one mile north of its present site around the old Concord Methodist Church. In the late 1800s, when the railroad was built, the town moved south to be near the railroad. The first Post Office was named in honor of Levi Stockbridge, a “Yankee professor,” who traveled along the East Coast teaching classes in various communities.