City of Sandersville
|Incorporated||November 27, 1812|
|Address||141 W. Haynes St.
Sandersville, Georgia 31082
Sandersville, incorporated as a town on November 27, 1812, is the county seat of Washington County. The city recently celebrated its two hundred-year anniversary. The city’s original name was “Saundersville”, named for Mr. M. Saunders, a local storeowner. The city dates back to 1796, when it was an intersection of Indian trails, and later the site of Saunder’s general store.