City of Odum
|Address||P.O. Box 159
Odum, Georgia 31555-0159
The town of Odum had its beginning in the sawmill industry that flourished on the great harvest of the celebrated virgin growth of pine trees with their esteemed “solid heart.”
Records show that the “Haslum” post office was established on July 31, 1871, and that the name of the office was changed to Odum on March 8, 1887. The first date indicated that the Odum community is possibly over 100 years old.