City of Moultrie
|Incorporated||December 13, 1859|
|Address||21 First Avenue NE|
Moultrie, Georgia 31768
Moultrie, the county seat for Colquitt County, was incorporated December 13, 1859. The city was named after General William Moultrie, a revolutionary war hero and Governor from South Carolina.
The Colquitt County courthouse in Moultrie was built in 1902 and remodeled in 1956. The courthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.