City of Gibson
|Incorporated||August 20, 1913|
|Address||10 E. Main Street
Gibson, Georgia 30810
Gibson, the county seat of Glascock County, was incorporated August 20, 1913. The city was named in honor of Judge William Gibson, who donated $500 for Glascock County’s first public building (the courthouse).
The Glascock County courthouse in Gibson was constructed in 1919 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Gibson is located at the intersection of Ga. highways 171 and 102, in what is considered East Central Georgia. Neighboring cities include Edge Hill and Mitchell.
According to 2000 Census, the City of Gibson had a population of 694 persons. Between 1990 and 2000, the city experienced a population increase of 2.2%, compared to the state growth during this period of 26.4%.