City of Franklin
|Incorporated||December 26, 1831|
|Address||118 Davis Street
Franklin, Georgia 30217
The city of Franklin began as a village around 1770, but did not become a city, and county seat of Heard County, until December 26, 1831.
The Heard County Historical Center and Museum, built in 1912, is the headquarters for the Historical Society. The history of the county is depicted in the periodicly changing exhibits.
Special events taking place in Franklin include the Taste of Chattahooche Christmas and Torch the Town Again.
According to 2000 Census, the City of Franklin had a population of 902 persons. Between 1990 and 2000, the city experienced a population increase of 3.0%, compared to the state growth during this period of 26.4%.