This Day in Georgia History
February 14, 1858
Central Presbyterian Church Formed
A group of Atlanta Presbyterians met across the street from the combination Atlanta City Hall/Fulton County Courthouse and established the Central Presbyterian Church. After the Civil War, the city hall/county courthouse was torn down and Georgia’s state capitol built on the spot. The church has remained active and today is one of Atlanta’s oldest standing structures.