Turner County


Click map for more
county information

Turner County was created on Aug. 18, 1905 by an act of the General Assembly (Ga. Laws 1905, p. 63). Formed from Dooly, Irwin, Wilcox, and Worth counties, Georgia's 145th county was named for former Georgia congressman and Georgia Supreme Court justice Henry G. Turner (1839-1904).

Turner County Place Names

 Historical Maps
 
 
1910
 
1915
 
1952
 
1955
 
1970a
 
1970b
 
1999
 
2001a
 
2001b


GeorgiaInfo Turner County Page